The global LTCC market was valued at US$ 1464.4 million in 2022 and is projected to reach US$ 2517.6 million by 2029, at a CAGR of 8.0% during the forecast period. The influence of COVID-19 and the Russia-Ukraine War were considered while estimating market sizes.
LTCC Ceramic Substrates is a type of multilayer ceramic substrate that made by lower temperature (usually from 850 to 900) firing process than general ceramic firing process by adding glass to alumina. It makes it possible to use low resistive conductor as conductor patterns in. The LTCC components include LC filters, directional coupler, power splitter and antenna etc. The LTCC ceramic substrates include Bluetooth substrates and mobile front-end module substrates, and the LTCC modules include phone antenna modules, Bluetooth modules and power amplifier modules etc.
LTCC stands for Low-Temperature Co-fired Ceramic. It is a technology used in the manufacturing of electronic components, particularly in microelectronics and RF (Radio Frequency) applications. LTCC involves the co-firing of ceramic materials at relatively low temperatures (usually below 1000°C) to create a multi-layered structure with embedded conductive traces and vias. LTCC technology offers several advantages such as high reliability, excellent electrical performance, good thermal stability, and miniaturization capabilities. It is commonly used in the production of antennas, filters, sensors, and other high-frequency applications.
This report aims to provide a comprehensive presentation of the global market for LTCC, with both quantitative and qualitative analysis, to help readers develop business/growth strategies, assess the market competitive situation, analyze their position in the current marketplace, and make informed business decisions regarding LTCC.
This report contains market size and forecasts of LTCC in global, including the following market information:
Global LTCC Market Revenue, 2018-2023, 2024-2029, ($ millions)
Global LTCC Market Sales, 2018-2023, 2024-2029, (K Units)
The global LTCC market had sales of around 1,020 K units in 2018, which increased to around 1,120 K units in 2019. In 2020, the market faced some challenges due to the COVID-19 pandemic, which impacted the overall demand for LTCC products. However, the market is expected to recover in the coming years with a projected CAGR of 10.4% from 2020 to 2025.
Global top five LTCC companies in 2022 (%)
Global main manufacturers of LTCC include Murata, Kyocera (AVX) and TDK Corporation, etc. The top three players hold a share about 56%. Japan is the largest producer, holds a share around 52%, followed by China Taiwan and Europe, with share 29% and 6%, separately. The largest market is China, has a share about 28%, followed by Japan and North America, with around 17% and 13% market share respectively.
We surveyed the LTCC manufacturers, suppliers, distributors and industry experts on this industry, involving the sales, revenue, demand, price change, product type, recent development and plan, industry trends, drivers, challenges, obstacles, and potential risks.
Consumer electronics is the largest application segment for LTCC, followed by automotive, telecommunications, aerospace & defense, and others.
The demand for LTCC substrates is increasing due to the rising demand for 5G technology, electric vehicles, and the Internet of Things (IoT).
The increasing use of LTCC in advanced packaging for semiconductors and sensors is also driving market growth.
|Report Attributes||Report Details|
Global LTCC market Size, Emerging Trends, Technological Advancements, and Business Strategies 2023-2029
|Market size in 2022||US$ 1464.4 million|
|Forecast Market size by 2029||US$ 2517.6 million|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 8.0%|
|Historical Year||2018 to 2022 (Data from 2010 can be provided as per availability)|
|Number of Pages||100+ Pages|
|Customization Available||Yes, the report can be customized as per your need.|
Total Market by Segment:
Global LTCC Market, by Type, 2018-2023, 2024-2029 ($ Millions) & (K Units)
Global LTCC Market Segment Percentages, by Type, 2022 (%)
- LTCC Components
- LTCC Ceramic Substrates
- LTCC Modules
- LTCC Ceramic Shell/Housings
Global LTCC Market, by Application, 2018-2023, 2024-2029 ($ Millions) & (K Units)
Global LTCC Market Segment Percentages, by Application, 2022 (%)
- Consumer Electronics
- Aerospace and Military
- Automobile Electronics
Global LTCC Market, by Function, 2018-2023, 2024-2029 ($ Millions) & (K Units)
Global LTCC Market Segment Percentages, by Function, 2022 (%)
- Power Amplifiers
Global LTCC Market, By Region and Country, 2018-2023, 2024-2029 ($ Millions) & (K Units)
- Asia-Pacific (APAC) is expected to dominate the LTCC market during the forecast period, due to the presence of several major LTCC manufacturers in countries such as Japan, South Korea, and China. The APAC region is also witnessing significant growth in the automotive and aerospace industries, which are major end-users of LTCC components.
- North America is expected to hold the second-largest share of the LTCC market during the forecast period, due to the increasing adoption of LTCC technology in the telecom and defense sectors. The region is also witnessing growth in the demand for 5G technology, which is expected to drive the demand for LTCC components.
- Europe is expected to witness moderate growth in the LTCC market during the forecast period, due to the presence of several LTCC manufacturers and increasing adoption of LTCC technology in the automotive and aerospace industries.
- The Middle East and Africa (MEA) and Latin America are expected to witness relatively slower growth in the LTCC market during the forecast period, due to the limited adoption of LTCC technology in these regions and lower investments in research and development activities.
Global LTCC Market Segment Percentages, By Region and Country, 2022 (%)
- North America
- Nordic Countries
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Asia
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report also provides analysis of leading market participants including:
Key companies LTCC revenues in global market, 2018-2023 (Estimated), ($ millions)
Key companies LTCC revenues share in global market, 2022 (%)
Key companies LTCC sales in global market, 2018-2023 (Estimated), (K Units)
Key companies LTCC sales share in global market, 2022 (%)
Further, the report presents profiles of competitors in the market, key players include:
- Murata Manufacturing
- Kyocera (AVX)
- TDK Corporation
- Taiyo Yuden
- Samsung Electro-Mechanics
- KOA (Via Electronic)
- Hitachi Metals
- Adamant Namiki
- IMST GmbH
- API Technologies (CMAC)
- NEO Tech
- Raltron Electronics
- ACX Corp
- Yageo (Chilisin)
- Walsin Technology
- GSC-Tech Corp
- Shenzhen Sunlord Electronics
- BDStar (Glead)
- Fenghua Advanced Technology
- YanChuang Optoelectronic Technology
- CETC 43rd Institute
- Elit Fine Ceramics
- Shenzhen Zhenhuafu Electronics
- Zhuzhou Hondda Electronics
- Miniaturization: LTCC technology allows for the creation of small and compact electronic components, which is especially important in applications where space is limited.
- High frequency operation: LTCC technology can be used to create electronic components that operate at high frequencies, making it ideal for use in RF and microwave applications.
- High reliability: LTCC components are known for their high reliability and stability, even when subjected to harsh environmental conditions.
- Cost-effectiveness: LTCC technology is relatively inexpensive compared to other manufacturing processes, making it an attractive option for companies looking to reduce costs.
- Design flexibility: LTCC technology offers a high degree of design flexibility, allowing for the creation of complex shapes and structures that would be difficult to achieve with other manufacturing processes.
- Integration with other technologies: LTCC technology is increasingly being integrated with other technologies such as 3D printing, MEMS (microelectromechanical systems), and nanotechnology to create more advanced electronic components with enhanced functionality.
- Increased use in automotive and aerospace industries: LTCC technology is gaining popularity in the automotive and aerospace industries, where it is being used to create high-frequency sensors, antennas, and other components for advanced communication and navigation systems.
- Growing demand for wireless communication: As the demand for wireless communication continues to grow, LTCC technology is becoming increasingly important for the production of RF components such as filters, resonators, and duplexers.
- Development of new LTCC materials: Researchers are continuing to develop new LTCC materials with improved electrical, thermal, and mechanical properties to further enhance the performance and reliability of electronic components.
- Advancements in packaging: There are ongoing advancements in LTCC packaging techniques to improve the durability, reliability, and performance of electronic components, especially for harsh environments.