The global Rotary Unions for Semiconductor market was valued at US$ 193.5 million in 2022 and is projected to reach US$ 418.1 million by 2029, at a CAGR of 11.6% during the forecast period. The influence of COVID-19 and the Russia-Ukraine War were considered while estimating market sizes.
A rotary union or swivel joint is a mechanism used to transfer fluid (under pressure or vacuum) from a stationary inlet to a rotating outlet, preserving and isolating the fluid connection. Also referred to as rotary joints, rotary couplings, fluid swivels or swivel joints; rotary unions are engineered to endure a large range of temperatures, pressures and speeds for a variety of conditions and environments. Rotary unions typically function by connecting to an input and securing onto another mechanism while allowing a moving connection to be preserved.
Rotary unions are an important component used in the semiconductor industry for various applications, including wafer processing, cooling systems, and vacuum applications. The rotary unions help to transfer fluids or gases from a stationary supply pipe to a rotating component, without causing any leakage or contamination.
The market for rotary unions in the semiconductor industry is expected to grow significantly in the coming years due to the increasing demand for semiconductors and the need for advanced processing techniques. The growing demand for smartphones, tablets, and other electronic devices is driving the demand for semiconductors, which in turn is boosting the demand for rotary unions.
This report aims to provide a comprehensive presentation of the global market for Rotary Unions for Semiconductor, with both quantitative and qualitative analysis, to help readers develop business/growth strategies, assess the market competitive situation, analyze their position in the current marketplace, and make informed business decisions regarding Rotary Unions for Semiconductor.
This report contains market size and forecasts of Rotary Unions for Semiconductor in global, including the following market information:
Global Rotary Unions for Semiconductor Market Revenue, 2018-2023, 2024-2029, ($ millions)
Global Rotary Unions for Semiconductor Market Sales, 2018-2023, 2024-2029, (K Units)
Global top five Rotary Unions for Semiconductor companies in 2022 (%)
Global key players of rotary unions for semiconductor include Deublin, Eagle Industry, DSTI, etc. Global top three manufacturers hold a share over 10%. North America is the largest producer of rotary unions for semiconductor, holds a share about 50%, followed by Asia-Pacific, and Europe. In terms of product, multi-channel rotary union is the largest segment, with a share about 90%. And in terms of application, the largest segment is chemical mechanical polishing (CMP) and grinding, followed by chemical vapor deposition (CVD) and physical vapor deposition (PVD).
We surveyed the Rotary Unions for Semiconductor manufacturers, suppliers, distributors and industry experts on this industry, involving the sales, revenue, demand, price change, product type, recent development and plan, industry trends, drivers, challenges, obstacles, and potential risks.
Asia Pacific is expected to hold the largest market share for rotary unions in the semiconductor industry, due to the increasing demand for semiconductors in the region.
The wafer processing segment is expected to hold the largest share of the market, driven by the increasing demand for advanced processing techniques in the semiconductor industry.
The vacuum applications segment is expected to witness the highest growth during the forecast period, due to the increasing use of vacuum technology in the semiconductor industry.
The demand for multi-channel rotary unions is expected to grow at a faster pace than single-channel rotary unions, due to their ability to transfer multiple fluids or gases simultaneously.
Key trends in the market include the increasing demand for smart devices and the development of new materials and manufacturing techniques to drive innovation in the rotary unions market.
|Report Attributes||Report Details|
Rotary Unions for Semiconductor Market Size, Emerging Trends, Technological Advancements, and Business Strategies 2023-2029
|Market size in 2022||US$ 193.5 million|
|Forecast Market size by 2029||US$ 418.1 million|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 11.6%|
|Historical Year||2018 to 2022 (Data from 2010 can be provided as per availability)|
|Number of Pages||100+ Pages|
|Customization Available||Yes, the report can be customized as per your need.|
Total Market by Segment:
Global Rotary Unions for Semiconductor Market, by Type, 2018-2023, 2024-2029 ($ Millions) & (K Units)
Global Rotary Unions for Semiconductor Market Segment Percentages, by Type, 2022 (%)
- Single Channel Rotary Union
- Multi-Channel Rotary Union
Global Rotary Unions for Semiconductor Market, by Application, 2018-2023, 2024-2029 ($ Millions) & (K Units)
Global Rotary Unions for Semiconductor Market Segment Percentages, by Application, 2022 (%)
- Chemical Mechanical Polishing (CMP) and Grinding
- Wafer Handling Robots
- Chemical Vapor Deposition (CVD)
- Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD)
- Vacuum Coating Systems
Further, the report presents profiles of competitors in the market, key players include:
- Eagle Industry
- Moog GAT
- Rotary Systems
- Sealink Corp
- Dynamic Sealing Technologies Inc.
- Parker Hannifin
- Advanced Motion & Controls Ltd.
- Uniflow Control Systems Inc.
- KADIMI TOOL MFG. CO., LTD.
Global Rotary Unions for Semiconductor Market, By Region and Country, 2018-2023, 2024-2029 ($ Millions) & (K Units)
In North America, the demand for rotary unions is expected to increase, with a forecasted market size of USD 128 million by 2028. The growth in this region is attributed to the rising demand for electronics and technological advancements in the semiconductor industry.
In Europe, the market for rotary unions is projected to witness steady growth, with a forecasted value of USD 90 million by 2028. This growth can be attributed to the increasing investments in the semiconductor industry and the demand for advanced electronic devices.
The Asia Pacific region is expected to dominate the rotary unions market, with a forecasted value of USD 256 million by 2028. The growth in this region is attributed to the increasing demand for electronics, rising industrialization, and the presence of major semiconductor manufacturing companies.
Global Rotary Unions for Semiconductor Market Segment Percentages, By Region and Country, 2022 (%)
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Latin America
The Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- GCC Countries
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa (ME&A)
The market for rotary unions in the semiconductor industry is driven by several factors, including:
- Growing demand for semiconductors: The increasing demand for smartphones, tablets, and other electronic devices is driving the demand for semiconductors, which in turn is boosting the demand for rotary unions.
- Need for advanced processing techniques: The semiconductor industry is constantly evolving, and there is a need for advanced processing techniques to meet the demand for faster and more efficient electronic devices. Rotary unions are an essential component in many of these advanced processing techniques.
- Increasing use of vacuum technology: The semiconductor industry uses vacuum technology extensively in various processes, and rotary unions play a crucial role in the transfer of fluids and gases in vacuum systems.
However, the market for rotary unions in the semiconductor industry also faces some challenges, including:
- Intense competition: The market for rotary unions in the semiconductor industry is highly competitive, with a large number of manufacturers operating in the market. This can lead to pricing pressures and margin erosion.
- High cost: Rotary unions for the semiconductor industry are often custom-designed and manufactured to meet specific application requirements. This customization can result in higher costs for the end-users.
Despite these challenges, there are also several opportunities in the market for rotary unions in the semiconductor industry, including:
- Growing demand for smart devices: The growing demand for smart devices such as smartphones, tablets, and wearables is expected to drive the demand for semiconductors and, in turn, the demand for rotary unions.
- Technological advancements: The development of new materials and manufacturing techniques is expected to drive innovation in the rotary unions market and provide new opportunities for growth.