|Market size in 2022||US$ 849.9 million||Forecast Market size by 2029||US$ 1691.9 million|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 10.3%||Number of Pages||250+ Pages|
The Global Semiconductor Abatement Systems Market was valued at US$ 849.9 million in 2022 and is projected to reach US$ 1691.9 million by 2029, at a CAGR of 10.3% during the forecast period. The influence of COVID-19 and the Russia-Ukraine War were considered while estimating market sizes.
The semiconductor industry uses gases that are toxic, flammable and even harmful for the environment, but also for humans. For example, in the production of microchips. According to national legislation, these gases have to be abated. This means that they are reduced below the respective threshold limit value (TLV). Different gases require different treatment technologies, such as thermal, wet or even a combination of both technologies. The process exhaust gases can then be released into the atmosphere, without harming nature, for a greener world.
Semiconductor abatement systems are specialized equipment and technologies employed in the semiconductor manufacturing industry. Their purpose is to effectively manage and eliminate hazardous gases and particles that arise during the fabrication processes.
Semiconductor manufacturing involves a range of chemical procedures, such as etching, deposition, and cleaning, which can release potentially harmful gases and particulates into the atmosphere. If left uncontrolled, these emissions can pose risks to both human health and the environment.
To address this concern, abatement systems are designed to capture, treat, and remove these hazardous substances from the manufacturing environment. They utilize a combination of physical, chemical, and sometimes biological processes to either eliminate or neutralize the pollutants before they are released into the air.
Semiconductor abatement systems commonly target pollutants like volatile organic compounds (VOCs), hazardous gases such as nitrogen oxides (NOx) and ammonia (NH3), as well as particulate matter. The components of these systems typically include exhaust hoods or enclosures, gas scrubbers, chemical filters, thermal oxidizers, and other treatment mechanisms. The specific configuration depends on the particular pollutants that need to be addressed.
By implementing semiconductor abatement systems, semiconductor manufacturers can ensure compliance with environmental regulations, safeguard the well-being of their workers, and minimize the environmental impact of their operations. These systems play a vital role in upholding sustainable and responsible practices in semiconductor production
This report aims to provide a comprehensive presentation of the global market for Semiconductor Abatement Systems, with both quantitative and qualitative analysis, to help readers develop business/growth strategies, assess the market competitive situation, analyze their position in the current marketplace, and make informed business decisions regarding Semiconductor Abatement Systems. This report contains market size and forecasts of Semiconductor Abatement Systems in global, including the following market information:
Global Semiconductor Abatement Systems Market Revenue, 2018-2023, 2024-2029, ($ millions)
Global Semiconductor Abatement Systems Market Sales, 2018-2023, 2024-2029, (Units)
Global top five Semiconductor Abatement Systems companies in 2022 (%)
Global key players of semiconductor abatement systems include Ebara, Busch Vacuum Solutions, GST (Global Standard Technology), Edwards Vacuum, CS Clean Solutions, etc. The top five players hold a share over 60%. Europe is the largest market, has a share about 24%. In terms of product type, Combustion-wash Type is the largest segment, occupied for a share of 29%, and in terms of application, IDM has a share about 50 percent.
Report Scope :
This report aims to provide a comprehensive presentation of the global market for Semiconductor Abatement Systems, with both quantitative and qualitative analysis, to help readers develop business/growth strategies, assess the market competitive situation, analyze their position in the current marketplace, and make informed business decisions regarding Semiconductor Abatement Systems.
The Semiconductor Abatement Systems market size, estimations, and forecasts are provided in terms of and revenue ($ millions), considering 2022 as the base year, with history and forecast data for the period from 2018 to 2029. This report segments the global Semiconductor Abatement Systems market comprehensively. Regional market sizes, concerning products by Type, by Application, and by players, are also provided.
For a more in-depth understanding of the market, the report provides profiles of the competitive landscape, key competitors, and their respective market ranks. The report also discusses technological trends and new product developments.
The report will help the Semiconductor Abatement Systems companies, new entrants, and industry chain related companies in this market with information on the revenues for the overall market and the sub-segments across the different segments, by company, by Type, by Application, and by regions.
we surveyed the Semiconductor Abatement Systems manufacturers, suppliers, distributors and industry experts on this industry, involving the sales, revenue, demand, price change, product type, recent development and plan, industry trends, drivers, challenges, obstacles, and potential risks.
|Report Attributes||Report Details|
Semiconductor Abatement Systems Market Size, Emerging Trends, Technological Advancements, and Business Strategies 2023-2032
|Market Size In 2022||US$ 849.9 million|
|Forecast Market Size By 2029||US$ 1691.9 million|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 10.3%|
|Historical Year||2018 to 2022 (Data from 2010 can be provided as per availability)|
|Number of Pages||100+ Pages|
|Customization Available||Yes, the report can be customized as per your need.|
Total Market By Segment :
Global Semiconductor Abatement Systems Market, by Type, 2018-2023, 2024-2029 ($ Millions) & (Units)
Global Semiconductor Abatement Systems Market Segment Percentages, by Type, 2022 (%)
- Combustion Type
- Wet Type
- Dry Type
- Catalytic Type
Global Semiconductor Abatement Systems Market, by Application, 2018-2023, 2024-2029 ($ Millions) & (Units)
Global Semiconductor Abatement Systems Market Segment Percentages, by Application, 2022 (%)
Global Semiconductor Abatement Systems Market, by End-User Industry, 2018-2023, 2024-2029 ($ Millions) & (Units)
Global Semiconductor Abatement Systems Market Segment Percentages, by End-User Industry, 2022 (%)
- Semiconductor Manufacturing
- Electronics Manufacturing
Global Semiconductor Abatement Systems Market, By Region and Country, 2018-2023, 2024-2029 ($ Millions) & (Units)
Global Semiconductor Abatement Systems Market Segment Percentages, By Region and Country, 2022 (%)
North America :
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
Latin America :
- Rest of Latin America
The Middle East & Africa :
- South Africa
- GCC Countries
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa (ME&A)
The substantial market share of North America can be attributed to the presence of major semiconductor manufacturing companies in the region, including Intel, Texas Instruments, and Micron Technology. These companies are actively investing in research and development of new semiconductor technologies, thereby driving the demand for semiconductor abatement systems.
Europe, as the second-largest market for semiconductor abatement systems, hosts several leading semiconductor companies like ASML, Applied Materials, and Lam Research. These companies are also investing in advancements in semiconductor technologies, leading to increased demand for abatement systems in the region.
Asia-Pacific, the third-largest market, is anticipated to exhibit the highest CAGR during the forecast period. This growth is primarily driven by the escalating demand for semiconductor products in emerging economies like China, India, and South Korea. Moreover, these economies are actively investing in the development of their semiconductor industries, further propelling the demand for abatement systems.
While the Middle East & Africa and South America currently represent less developed markets for semiconductor abatement systems, they are expected to witness significant growth in the forecast period. The increasing demand for semiconductor products in these regions is the driving force behind this growth, leading to an upsurge in demand for semiconductor abatement systems as well.
Competitor Analysis :
The Report also Provides Analysis of Leading Market Participants Including :
- Key companies Semiconductor Abatement Systems revenues in global market, 2018-2023 (Estimated), ($ millions)
- Key companies Semiconductor Abatement Systems revenues share in global market, 2022 (%)
- Key companies Semiconductor Abatement Systems sales in global market, 2018-2023 (Estimated), (Units)
- Key companies Semiconductor Abatement Systems sales share in global market, 2022 (%)
Top Key Players :
- Busch Vacuum Solutions
- GST (Global Standard Technology)
- Edwards Vacuum
- DAS Environmental
- Nippon Sanso
- Showa Denko
- Ecosys Abatement
- Anguil Environmental Systems
- CS Clean Solutions
- CSK (Atlas Copco)
- Beijing Jingyi Automation Equipment
Planned/Future Project :
- Resonac Holdings Corp : Resonac Holdings Corp is a Japanese company that is developing a new type of semiconductor abatement system that uses a combination of combustion and absorption technologies. The company plans to start commercial production of the system in 2023.
- Elbit Systems : Elbit Systems is an Israeli company that is developing a new type of semiconductor abatement system that uses a catalytic oxidation technology. The company plans to start commercial production of the system in 2024.
- Pall Corporation : Pall Corporation is an American company that is developing a new type of semiconductor abatement system that uses a membrane separation technology. The company plans to start commercial production of the system in 2025.
Recent Developments :
- In 2022, ABB launched a new wet scrubber system for semiconductor manufacturing. The system is designed to remove a wide range of harmful gases, including volatile organic compounds (VOCs), nitrogen oxides (NOx), and sulfur dioxide (SO2).
- In 2022, Air Liquide announced the development of a new plasma reactor for semiconductor abatement. The reactor is designed to remove harmful gases by breaking them down into their constituent elements.
- In 2023, Chemours launched a new catalytic oxidation system for semiconductor manufacturing. The system is designed to remove harmful gases by converting them into harmless gases.
Semiconductor Abatement Systems Market Demand :
- Semiconductor Manufacturing Industry : The semiconductor manufacturing industry serves as the primary consumer of semiconductor abatement systems. This industry employs various toxic and hazardous gases during the manufacturing process, necessitating the use of abatement systems to adhere to environmental regulations.
- Electronics Industry : The electronics industry also represents a significant user of semiconductor abatement systems. Semiconductors are integral to numerous electronic products such as computers, smartphones, and televisions. The manufacturing process of semiconductors generates harmful emissions, which must be abated to safeguard the environment.
- Automotive Industry : The automotive industry is progressively adopting semiconductor abatement systems. Semiconductors are utilized in an array of vehicles, including cars, trucks, and buses. To mitigate the environmental impact, the harmful emissions generated during semiconductor manufacturing need to be abated.
- Telecommunications Industry : The telecommunications industry is witnessing a rising demand for semiconductor abatement systems. Semiconductors find application in various devices like cell phones, routers, and modems. Similar to other industries, the semiconductor manufacturing process in the telecommunications sector produces harmful emissions that necessitate abatement for environmental protection.
Supply of Semiconductor Abatement Systems :
- Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) : OEMs are companies engaged in the production of semiconductor manufacturing equipment. These entities typically offer a range of semiconductor abatement systems as part of their product portfolio.
- Aftermarket Suppliers : Aftermarket suppliers specialize in the sale and installation of semiconductor abatement systems. These suppliers typically offer a diverse selection of systems sourced from different manufacturers.
- Government Agencies : In certain countries, government agencies provide subsidies or tax incentives to companies that invest in semiconductor abatement systems. Such governmental support aids in boosting the demand for these systems.