SiC MOSFET chips (devices) and modules are types of semiconductor components made from silicon carbide (SiC) material. They are used in power electronics applications due to their superior characteristics compared to traditional silicon-based MOSFETs. SiC MOSFETs offer faster switching speeds, higher efficiency, and greater temperature tolerance, making them suitable for high-power applications. SiC MOSFET chips are standalone devices that are integrated into electronic circuits, while SiC MOSFET modules combine multiple chips to form a single module for high-power applications. These chips and modules are used in various industries such as automotive, industrial, photovoltaic, and others.
Silicon carbide MOSFET has the characteristics of low on-off resistance and small switch loss, which can reduce device loss and improve system efficiency. It is more suitable for high frequency circuit.
It is widely used in new energy vehicle motor controller, on-board power supply, solar inverter, charging pile, UPS, PFC power supply and other fields.
This report investigates the market for SiC MOSFET chips and devices and SiC MOSFET modules.
This report aims to provide a comprehensive presentation of the global market for SiC MOSFET Chips (Devices) and Module, with both quantitative and qualitative analysis, to help readers develop business/growth strategies, assess the market competitive situation, analyze their position in the current marketplace, and make informed business decisions regarding SiC MOSFET Chips (Devices) and Module.
This report contains market size and forecasts of SiC MOSFET Chips (Devices) and Module in global, including the following market information:
Global SiC MOSFET Chips (Devices) and Module Market Revenue, 2018-2023, 2024-2029, ($ millions)
Global SiC MOSFET Chips (Devices) and Module Market Sales, 2018-2023, 2024-2029, (K Units)
Global top five SiC MOSFET Chips (Devices) and Module companies in 2022 (%)
The global SiC MOSFET Chips (Devices) and Module market was valued at US$ 540.9 million in 2022 and is projected to reach US$ 2731.9 million by 2029, at a CAGR of 26.0% during the forecast period. The influence of COVID-19 and the Russia-Ukraine War were considered while estimating market sizes.
The top 5 players hold a total market share of approximately 80% in the SiC MOSFET market.
The automotive industry is expected to hold the largest share of the SiC MOSFET market in terms of revenue. This can be attributed to the increasing demand for electric and hybrid vehicles and the growing focus on reducing carbon emissions.
From a global perspective, China is the largest production region, and the main production enterprises are also concentrated in this region, such as Infineon Technologies, ON Semiconductor, STMicroelectronics etc. The total output value of China in 2019 is 222.31 million USD, accounting for 62.14% of the world, followed by Japan. The main manufacturers in this area include ROHM and Mitsubishi Electric, etc.
In Asia-Pacific, China is the largest market for SiC MOSFET devices and modules, driven by the country’s growing power electronics industry and the government’s focus on energy conservation and emissions reduction. Japan and South Korea are also significant markets for SiC MOSFETs, with a focus on automotive and renewable energy applications.
In North America, the United States is the largest market for SiC MOSFETs, driven by the growing demand for electric vehicles and renewable energy. The region also has a strong semiconductor industry, which supports the development and production of SiC MOSFET devices and modules.
In Europe, Germany is the largest market for SiC MOSFETs, with a focus on automotive and renewable energy applications. The region also has a strong semiconductor industry, which supports the development and production of SiC MOSFET devices and modules.
- Higher Efficiency: SiC MOSFETs have a higher efficiency compared to traditional silicon-based devices, resulting in reduced power loss and improved performance.
- Faster Switching Speed: SiC MOSFETs have a faster switching speed, which enables them to switch on and off more quickly, reducing power loss and improving system efficiency.
- Higher Temperature Tolerance: SiC MOSFETs can operate at higher temperatures than traditional silicon-based devices, making them suitable for high-temperature applications such as electric vehicles and industrial automation.
- Increasing Adoption of Electric Vehicles: The demand for SiC MOSFETs is increasing due to the growing adoption of electric vehicles. SiC MOSFETs offer higher efficiency and faster switching speeds compared to traditional silicon-based devices, making them ideal for electric vehicle applications.
- Growing Renewable Energy Market: The increasing demand for renewable energy is also driving the demand for SiC MOSFETs. SiC MOSFETs are used in renewable energy systems such as solar inverters and wind turbines due to their higher efficiency and faster switching speeds.
- Industrial Automation: The growing trend towards Industry 4.0 and industrial automation is driving the demand for SiC MOSFETs. These devices are used in high-power applications such as motor drives and power supplies, where high efficiency and fast switching speeds are critical.
In the report, there are two mainly types of SiC MOSFET Chips/Devices and Module, including SiC MOSFET Chips/Devices and SiC MOSFET Module. And SiC MOSFET Chips/Devices is the main type for SiC MOSFET Chips/Devices and Module
We surveyed the SiC MOSFET Chips (Devices) and Module manufacturers, suppliers, distributors and industry experts on this industry, involving the sales, revenue, demand, price change, product type, recent development and plan, industry trends, drivers, challenges, obstacles, and potential risks.
|Report Attributes||Report Details|
|Report Title||SiC MOSFET Chips (Devices) and Module Market Size, Outlook and Forecast 2023 to 2029|
|Market size in 2022||US$ 540.9 million|
|Forecast Market size by 2029||US$ 2731.9 million|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 26.0%|
|Historical Year||2018 to 2022 (Data from 2010 can be provided as per availability)|
|Number of Pages||100+ Pages|
|Customization Available||Yes, the report can be customized as per your need.|
Total Market by Segment:
Global SiC MOSFET Chips (Devices) and Module Market, by Type, 2018-2023, 2024-2029 ($ Millions) & (K Units)
Global SiC MOSFET Chips (Devices) and Module Market Segment Percentages, by Type, 2022 (%)
- Sic MOSFET Chip and Device
- Sic MOSFET Module
Global SiC MOSFET Chips (Devices) and Module Market, by Application, 2018-2023, 2024-2029 ($ Millions) & (K Units)
Global SiC MOSFET Chips (Devices) and Module Market Segment Percentages, by Application, 2022 (%)
- Motor Drives
- Industrial Power Supplies
- Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Stations
- Traction Inverters
- UPS and SMPS
- Industrial Photovoltaic (pv)
Global SiC MOSFET Chips (Devices) and Module Market, by Industry, 2018-2023, 2024-2029 ($ Millions) & (K Units)
Global SiC MOSFET Chips (Devices) and Module Market Segment Percentages, by Industry, 2022 (%)
- Aerospace and Defense
- Power Generation and Distribution
- Electronics and Telecommunications
Global SiC MOSFET Chips (Devices) and Module Market, By Region and Country, 2018-2023, 2024-2029 ($ Millions) & (K Units)
Global SiC MOSFET Chips (Devices) and Module Market Segment Percentages, By Region and Country, 2022 (%)
- North America
- Nordic Countries
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Asia
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report also provides analysis of leading market participants including:
Key companies SiC MOSFET Chips (Devices) and Module revenues in global market, 2018-2023 (Estimated), ($ millions)
Key companies SiC MOSFET Chips (Devices) and Module revenues share in global market, 2022 (%)
Key companies SiC MOSFET Chips (Devices) and Module sales in global market, 2018-2023 (Estimated), (K Units)
Key companies SiC MOSFET Chips (Devices) and Module sales share in global market, 2022 (%)
Further, the report presents profiles of competitors in the market. Key players include:
- Infineon Technologies
- Semiconductor Components Industries, LLC
- Mitsubishi Electric
- GeneSiC Semiconductor Inc.
- Shenzhen BASiC Semiconductor LTD
- ON Semiconductor
- Fuji Electric
Key Industry Developments:
- In June 2021, Infineon Technologies announced the acquisition of Cypress Semiconductor Corporation, which will further strengthen Infineon’s position in the automotive and Internet of Things (IoT) markets.
- In May 2021, Cree/Wolfspeed announced the expansion of its manufacturing capacity for SiC MOSFETs and other power electronics products, in response to the growing demand for these products in electric vehicles, renewable energy, and industrial automation applications.
- In February 2021, ON Semiconductor introduced a new range of SiC MOSFETs with higher voltage ratings, designed for use in electric vehicle and renewable energy applications.
- In January 2021, STMicroelectronics unveiled a new SiC MOSFET power module for electric vehicle applications, which features high efficiency and compact design.
- In October 2021, ROHM Semiconductor announced the development of a new SiC MOSFET chip that achieves the industry’s lowest on-resistance, enabling higher efficiency and lower power loss in power electronics applications.